Ownership of this 1834 two-story building was frequently transferred for the price of a mere dollar. It is thought that this building may have served as a carriage house for the home at 258 N. Main St. and then was later moved to this site. The first occupant of this building may have been a cow! Several of Hudson’s early inhabitants once owned this home including Owen Brown (1771-1856) and John B. Whedon (1807-1861). The research to uncover the history of this home was a birthday present for the present owner.
- House Name Whedon Carriage House
- Address 13 Owen Brown Street
- Architect Unknown
- Architectural Style Greek Revival
- Materials Wood
- Year Built 1834
Download the house report for more information, courtesy of Hudson Heritage Association